Covid 19 Updates
11am, Wednesday 13th May, 2020
To enter the Store from Thursday 14th May, you must comply with the following Guidelines:
• If you are unwell Do Not Enter
• Provide details for Contact Tracing
• Sanitise your hands
• Maintain appropriate Physical Distancing
Thank you for your cooperation.
3pm Tuesday 12th May, 2020
With the NZ Government's announcement on Monday, we are preparing to open our doors for full services, while adhering to the Level 2 Guidelines. These come into effect Thursday 14th May, 2020.
Please be rest assured that we will be observing the following, to keep you and ourselves safe:
- NZ Govt Health & Safety Guidelines
- Enhanced Cleaning & Hygiene Practices
- Physical Distancing
- Contact Tracing
We have Paywave for sales up to $200.
Due to the extra safety precautions being taken & heavy volumes of freight for our couriers, there may be delays. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we get back into the swing of things.
2pm Friday 24th April 2020
Services Offers at Level 3 Restrictions - From 9am Tuesday 28th April, 2020
Please contact us before coming to the store.
Our services are not limited to those noted below so please contact us if you have any specific repairs or queries.
- You can still purchase Jewellery, Rings & Giftware from us but you will only be able to view the items through a clear screen and not try anything on. Payment will only be taken via Eftpos or Credit Card.
- We buy Scrap Gold, Gold & Silver Bullion and some Vintage Silver pieces
We offer FREE No Obligation Quotes on all Jewellery Repairs.
- Retip/Replace Claws
- Reshanking Rings (Partial Band Replacement)
- Rhodium Plating
- Soldering (Laser Soldering option available)
- Remodeling/Custom Making/CAD Designing
NOTE: No Ring Resizing - as it’s not possible to measure your finger without close physical contact, unless we can measure another ring or you know the finger size required.
Watch Repairs include:
- Battery Replacement
- Pressure Testing for Water Resistant/Dive Watches
- Full Servicing of Watches
Where further investigation is required for assessment of a fault, a nominal Quote Fee of $20 will be charged. If you then go ahead with the repair this $20 will be taken off the cost of the repair.
- Insurance Replacement Valuations
- Estimate After Loss
- Probate Valuation
- Sale Between Parties Valuation
10.30am Wednesday 22nd April 2020
With the NZ Government's announcement on Monday, we are preparing to return to work to be able to fulfill your online orders and enquiries.
You can contact us in store weekdays 9am to 5pm from Tuesday 28th April. The store will not be open to the public, however we are investigating how we will be able to assist you in a contact-less way.
9am Tuesday 21st April 2020
"The Government has announced New Zealand will move out of Alert Level 4 lockdown at 11.59pm on Monday 27 April. We are still in Alert Level 4 until then.
We will hold at Alert Level 3 for two weeks, before Cabinet reviews how we are tracking and makes further decisions on 11 May.
At Alert Level 3 we will need to be even more vigilant. All of us will need to unite against COVID-19 by sticking to the rules."
9am Tuesday 2nd April, 2020
We are into the 2nd week of Lockdown. We ask all our customers to please keep safe during this uncertain and difficult time.
What you need to know
10.30am, Thursday 26th March, 2020
Our website will still be available for purchases, however your purchases will not be dispatched until the NZ Government relaxes the Lockdown.
You will receive a receipt via email and your purchase will be packaged ready for the courier, however it will not be collected until we have received confirmation that couriers can return to normal service rather than just delivery of Essential products.
You will also be emailed once your package has been collected, with your Track and Trace number. Please note that as this will be a busy time for the couriers once this does happen, delays are possible.
10.30am, Tues 24th March, 2020
As per the PM's announcement yesterday, we will be closed from 5pm Wednesday 25th March.
- If you wish to pick up any completed repair jobs, you must do so before then.
- Our Facebook and Website will still be operational and monitored, and our phone messages will be checked periodically.
- Our Website will still be available to make purchases from if you have a special event coming up during Lockdown. This is reliant on our couriers, so you will be notified of any changes/delays.
- Any changes to this, and our reopening, will be advised on our Facebook Page, here on our Website and via Email.
Please ensure you take care of yourself and your family, stay safe, and together we’ll get through these next 4 weeks with our health and well-being intact.
Sincerely, Westende Jewellers.
The Official N.Z. Government Covid 19 Website - https://covid19.govt.nz/
"What the Lockdown means for You" - https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article